Monday, May 08, 2006

Weekend Waxing

I had the funniest experience this past weekend... Maybe boredom, curiosity or too much tv but i went to try out a nail shop this weekend to get a pedi done and just looking at their price list, i noticed the sign "waxing." So i asked the babe who was working on my feet - so how much for ur waxing and guess what this babe asked me - eyebrow/upper lip - $5. Now, if you know me, im not hairy at all, in fact the eyebrow genes musta skipped me because the hair there cannot withstand any kind of waxing. They only handle threading or razors- not even tweezers (sensitive skin)!!!! It was funny she mentioned my upper lip because i have always contemplated having that place waxed...nooooo i dont have a moustache but that place is quite dark, and because im sorta kinda yellow (hehe) some parts of my face ie the place right above my lip sticks out because its darker than my cheeks. I wasnt sure if it was hair but i told the babe to wax it o - so we go to this 'Inner Chamber' and she puts the hot wax on my lip and me i just stopped her asking if it was goign to hurt - of course i had heard the lady in there before me getting her eyebrows done shout like a banshee but i had to ask now afterall this was my FIRST time waxing anything ever!!!!She laughed and said no and then put the strip to my lip and pulled!!!! It stung a bit but what really hurt me was when i looked at the strip expecting to see lots of dark, i saw NOTHING!!!!!! NO hair, nothing!!!!! Im just naturally dark up there - it wasnt hair - sucks!

5 Comments:

At 2:22 AM, Blogger LondonBuki said...

Here I am, still contemplating having laser treatment to permanently reduce my hair :-(

It sucks that it wasn't hair???!?!?!? Ok, maybe you can have the hair that is on my upper lip so you can wax it... LOL!!!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger ToyinE said...

haha londonbuki - no thanks sha - the less hair i have the better for me :)

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Mphahlele said...

i dont know if i should laugh.........HAHAHAHA okay hmmm good thing i know now cos i dont even want to know what will happen if i kinni the hair on my lip.

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger TaureanMinx said...

Aww sorry boo! But that was funny.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Onada said...

LOL. upper lip waxing?? Hell no. i would have probably passed out in that room. Its veet all the way!

now u've learnt your lesson LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home