Thursday, April 20, 2006

What does your blog say about you?

I was reading somewhere today about my Nigerian blogs and i have to agree with the general consensus - I love 'em!!!! I have to be really honest, I do enjoy reading anything GOOD! It doesn't matter what its about as long as its coherent and makes some kind of sense, so you can imagine my 'favorites' tab on my work computer!!! I am always afraid that if the IT department at work decides to scan my internet caches and see all the sites i go to, they wont be able to pronounce the names and i know i'll get into REAL trouble for the sites i visit. 70% of them are blogs!!!!!! This is my daily work routine - i get in sometime between 8am and 8.15am, log in and check my work email. Then i check hotmail and yahoo :), then i take a break for coffee and the occasional bagel/ breakfast munchies. I love to multitask - so while im drinking my daily caffeine dose, i read my bloggies. In no particular order, i visit Adefunke, Pilgrimage to life, Onada, Kunle's life, Olawunmi, Dilichi's, Bent out of shape, Beeyourdun, Femi etc. Then there are the blogs that are not updated daily and i know this so i only go there a few times a week - mine haha, Village Sista, i love Adaure's TopModel recap so every Thursday i go there and catch up on whatever else she might have updated.

Then i now open my work programs, log into EV and get to work! I was arguing with a friend of mine the other day that blogs are a somewhat true reflection of self??? what do i mean by this - From reading a person's blog, you can kinda get a picture of the kind of person the blog author is - for example there are some blogs out there all about finance, women who are about their business money-wise and they write about it online, my friend Femi (Magusi soup)is an underground hip-hop fan and he writes a lot about the artists he likes and the shows he goes to but he also talks a bit about his personal life, work with a little bit of everything. In fact, i remember when we were in college in like '99 - he introduced me to Mos Def who was not a mainstream guy then like he is today. In fact, i thought Mos was kinda wierd at first but now, i love me some Mos!!!! Some people blog about handbags, some about babes, guys, books, shopping, working but most people blog about a little bit of everything and in doing that - their opinions and personality comes out. Do you think your blog is an accurate reflection of you, a lovely facade or some combination of the two?

Which brings me to my piece de resistance -which blogger would i like to meet in person and why??? hmmmmm one look at my favorites and you'll know my answer!!!!ALL OF YOU GUYS!!! Why - cos im madam amebo and i want to place a face with the blog, and if ive seen your pic online somewhere then place your first impression meeting with the person ive gotten to know online!
I really want to know who Village Sista is - cos she is full of drama and all the names are coded! Olawunmi too cos he's one of the few guys on blogger doing his thing - he's the balogun leyin awon obirin (dunno the translation word for word), Pilgrimage because she seems like she's got it together men! She has a long list of things she wants to accomplish in life and she's not afraid to try - i like that! Bent out of shape because i think she's an amazing visual writer - everytime i read her blog i get a mental picture of what she's talking about very descriptive babe. Dilch because she just seems very real - like your homegirl who tells it like it is plus she knows Chewy my future husband! Kunle's of Kunle's life - I cant wait to see the 'after' blog - it shows how stuff is now but you just know that after the new job, new man, new thAngs, you just know that her blog will be bananas I always love reading! Onada - cool peoples - her blog reinspired mine but hers is always on point - GREAT Content - my financial advisor/bag consultant :), londonbuki - that babe's crazy - from her blog you can tell she's always fun - never a dull moment, pepper is peppery - always makes me laugh and the list goes on and on and on!!!! Who would you like to meet and why?

11 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Onada said...

i'd like to meet the entire line up of Naija bloggers i have linked to my page especially the undercover ones LOL. Just putting a faces to these blogs i've been reading daily would be interesting. Like could that girl really write this? so it was you all this while? LOL

Especially soul sista.. i wonder who she is! one day i'm going to do a thorough online investigation to find out!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Onada said...

"Faces" not a faces. excuse the shell LOL.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger louissmith94065204 said...

While you read this, YOU start to BECOME aware of your surroundings, CERTIAN things that you were not aware of such as the temperature of the room, and sounds may make YOU realize you WANT a real college degree.

Call this number now, (413) 208-3069

Get an unexplained feeling of joy, Make it last longer by getting your COLLEGE DEGREE. Just as sure as the sun is coming up tomorrow, these College Degree's come complete with transcripts, and are VERIFIABLE.

You know THAT Corporate America takes advantage of loopholes in the system. ITS now YOUR turn to take advantage of this specific opportunity, Take a second, Get a BETTER FEELING of joy and a better future BY CALLING this number 24 hours a day.
(413) 208-3069

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Dilch said...

Hey Toyin
That was so nice what you wrote about me and my blog. I told my boyfriend your description of me and he laughed and laughed - obviously he doesn't get me as much as you.
I wonder about you guys too - if we are such cool friends in the blog world - would it translate into real life?

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Skills4ever said...

@ Toyin, funny enough, I thought everyone knew themselves from previous lives. Yeah, I have lots of respect for Dilch's views. She's real.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Skills4ever said...

@Toyin, turn on the verification stuff so that people stop posting crap on your blog. I see an entry that bears no bearing and just looks the equivalent of spam. Call me if you need help, and I'll guide you through the steps.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger LondonBuki said...

"londonbuki - that babe's crazy - from her blog you can tell she's always fun - never a dull moment"

Thanks ToyinE :-)

I like checking out your blog BUT you don't write very often - so you fall under the once a week category.

You were talking about Onada's blog being on point. Your latest entry and others I have read have been on point. The few times you write, you have a lot (of interesting things) to talk about...

I'd like to meet every Nigerian whose blog I've read... They are different but the same...

Anyway, I have started working on the book club blog... Check out my latest entry when you can about the email addy.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger chibs said...

I dunno who I'd like to meet in the blog world. Probably somebody my age.

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger Kunle.... said...

Ohh, you wrote about me in your entry. I would like to meet you too cos Onada's talks so much about you.

Not to forget Soul Sista, who is she? I want to meet the woman with so much drama in her life.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger TaureanMinx said...

HEYYYYYYY! Where's Tminx!!

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger ToyinE said...

TMinx you're there now.....let me go back and check!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home